ISLAMABAD, January 12, 2021: The Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) transacted most of its agenda on Tuesday and witnessed introduction of two government bills, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 7th sitting of the 15th session:
- The House met for two hours and 49 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1441 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the proceedings for two hours while remaining sitting was chaired by the Deputy Speaker.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Fifty (34%) legislators were present at the start and 56 (39%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PML, ANP and BAP attended the sitting.
- Two out of four minority members were present.
- The Minister for Law introduced the KP Ministers (Salaries, Allowances and Privileges) (Amendment) Bill, 2021 and the KP Board of Technical and Commerce Education Bill,2021.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up seven out of ten starred questions while remaining three questions were lapsed due to absence of movers.
- Five lawmakers debated an adjournment motion for 30 minutes which was regarding lack of basic amenities of life in newly merged districts of KP.
- A privilege motion on the agenda was not taken up due to the mover’s absence.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again January 15, 2021(Friday) at 1000 Hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted