ISLAMABAD, June 22, 2012: Starting 47 minutes late, the 12th sitting of the ongoing session, which met for two hours and 10 minutes on Friday postponed the debate on Supplementary Grants.
The Chief Minister, the Leader of the Opposition, the Deputy Speaker and the leaders of PPPP, PMLN and PPPS did not attend the sitting.
Following are some key observations of the parliamentary business:
Members’ Participation in House Proceedings
- The Assembly met for two hours and 10 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1747 hours against the scheduled starting time of 1700 hours. The House proceedings started late by 47 minutes.
- The Speaker chaired the sitting.
- The Chief Minister and the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Only the parliamentary leader of PML was present.
- A total of 41 Members (33% of total membership – 124) were present at the start, while 42 (34%) were present when the sitting was adjourned.
- Two minority Members were present during the sitting.
- Five Members applied for leave to be absent.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The debate on Supplementary Grants was postponed till the next sitting.
- Members debated the budgetary proposals.
- No Bills were taken up by the House.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three Points of Order consumed six minutes of the sitting time.
- There were no instances of protest, boycotts or walkouts during the sitting.
- List of Business was available to legislators, observers and others.
- Information on Members’ attendance was unavailable to observers and the public.
The Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by PAIMAN Alumni Trust, a member organization of FAFEN