ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The 15th session of Provincial Assembly of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) was prorogued on Monday after transacting most of its agenda, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the House proceedings during 10th sitting of the 15th session:
- The House met for an hour and 52 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1458 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker and Deputy Speaker did not attend the sitting
- A Member of Panel of Chairpersons presided over the entire sitting.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition were absent.
- Parliamentary leaders of ANP, PPP and MMAP attended the sitting.
- Three out of four minority members were present.
- Fifty (35%) legislators were present at the start and 31 (22%) at the end of the sitting.
- The House passed the KP Trust (Amendment) Bill, 2021 aimed at providing mechanism for registration of specialized trusts.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House took up five out of ten starred questions while remaining five questions were lapsed due to absence of movers. In addition, lawmakers asked three supplementary questions.
- An Adjourned motion was deferred due to the absence of the mover.
- The House took up two Calling Attention Notices (CANs)) which were regarding dilapidated conditions of roads in Shangla district ((PK-24) and non-functional MRI machines at the Leady Reading Hospital, Peshawar.
Order and Institutionalization
- Three lawmakers spoke on two point of orders for six minutes
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on the direct observation of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Assembly proceedings conducted by the United Rural Development Organization (URDO) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted