ISLAMABAD, January 15, 2021: The Senate on Friday discussed the role of NAB in accountability process and a motion related to energy crisis and inflation in the country, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
- The Senate met for two hours and 24 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1034 hours against the schedule time of 1030 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the entire sitting.
- The Leader of the Opposition was present for an hour and 59 minutes.
- Parliamentary leaders of JI, PTI and PPPP attended the sitting.
- Twelve members (12% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 16 (15%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Eight lawmakers spoke on a motion under Rule 218 for an hour and 25 minutes which was regarding gas as well as energy crisis and other challenges to the country including inflation and food insecurity. Minister for Power Division winded up debate on it and consumed 23 minutes of the proceedings.
- Deputy Chairman Senate and Advisor to Prime Minister on Parliamentary Affairs spoke for 25 minutes about role of NAB in accountability process.
Order and Institutionalization
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 18, 2021 (Monday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted