ISLAMABAD, January 11, 2021: The Senate on Monday discussed the Presidential Ordinance related to the Sindh and Balochistan islands and rights guaranteed to the provinces by the Constitution, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet.
- The Senate met for two hours and 33 minutes.
- The sitting started at the schedule time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leader of the House attended the sitting for two hour and 23 minutes.
- The Leader of the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- Parliamentary leaders of NP, JI and PkMAP attended the sitting.
- Fifteen members (14% of the total membership – 104) were present at the outset and 22 (19%) at the end of sitting.
- Two minority lawmakers attended the sitting.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Twelve lawmakers including the Leaders of the House and the Opposition, Deputy Chairman Senate and Minister for Law and Justice spoke on a motion under Rule 218 for two hours and 16 minutes. The motion was about the Presidential Ordinance related to the Sindh and Balochistan islands and rights guaranteed to the provinces by the Constitution.
Order and Institutionalization
- An MQM lawmaker spoke on a point of order for two minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 12, 2021 (Tuesday) at 1500 hours.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers is available on the website.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted