ISLAMABAD, January 26, 2021: The Senate transacted its entire agenda on Tuesday and started discussion on the presidential address to the Parliament, says Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in its Daily Factsheet
Following are key observations of the proceedings during the 3rd sitting of 306th session:
- The Senate met for two hours and 50 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1510 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Chairman presided over the entire proceedings.
- The Deputy Chairman was also present.
- The Leaders of the House and the Opposition attended the entire sitting.
- As many as 20 lawmakers (19%) were present at the outset and 15 (14%) at the adjournment of sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of PPPP, JI, PKMAP, PTI and ANP attended the sitting.
- One minority lawmaker was present.
- The House witnessed presentation of ten reports by various Committees on matters and legislative proposals referred to them.
Representation and Responsiveness
- Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs responded to a Calling Attention Notice regarding vacant seats of Chairman and members of the Council of Islamic Ideology.
- Two lawmakers participated in debate on a Motion of Thanks to the President for his address to the Parliament. They spoke on it for 15 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- Five lawmakers spoke on as many points of public importance for 53 minutes.
- The House was adjourned to meet again on January 29, 2021 (Friday) at 1030 hours.
- Orders of the Day was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- Attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Senate proceedings conducted by Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN). Errors and omissions are excepted