- Session Prorogued
ISLAMABAD, December 4, 2020: The Sindh Assembly did not take up its regular business on Friday to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Jam Madad Ali who passed away last month, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are key observations of the proceedings during first and last sitting of the 15th session:
- The House met for an hour and 23 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1535 hours against the scheduled time of 1500 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was also present.
- The Leader of the House (Chief Minister) was not present while the Opposition Leader attended the sitting for 30 minutes.
- As many as 27 MPAs (16%) were present at the outset and 39 (23%) at the adjournment of the sitting.
- The Parliamentary leaders of PPPP, MMAP and TLP attended the sitting.
- As many as three out of nine minority lawmakers were also present.
- Tabled by the Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, the House adopted a resolution to express condolence over the demise of PPPP lawmaker Jam Madad Ali. Seven lawmakers spoke on it for 17 minutes and paid tributes to political struggle of deceased lawmaker.
- The House did not take up any agenda item appearing on `Orders of the Day’.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Session was adjourned for an indefinite period.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and public.
- The attendance of lawmakers was available to the media and observers.
This Daily Factsheet is based on direct observation of the Assembly proceedings conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF), a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted