ISLAMABAD, January 25, 2021: The Sindh Assembly’s 17th session was prorogued sine die on Monday without transacting any business, observes Free and Fair Election Network (FAFEN) in Daily Factsheet.
Following are some key observations of the House proceedings during tenth sitting of 17th session:
- The Assembly met for an hour and 25 minutes.
- The sitting started at 1545 hours against the scheduled time of 1400 hours.
- The Speaker presided over the entire sitting.
- The Deputy Speaker was absent.
- The Leader of the House attended the proceedings for 39 minutes while the Leader of the Opposition did not attend the sitting.
- Forty-five legislators (27%) were present at the outset and 52 (32%) at the end of the sitting.
- The parliamentary leaders of TLP and PPPP attended the proceedings.
- Newly elected member of PPPP from PS-52 (Umerkot) took oath and signed the roll.
- Seven out of nine minority lawmakers were present.
Representation and Responsiveness
- The House did not take up any of the agenda item due to oath taking ceremony of the newly elected member of PPPP. Thirteen PPPP lawmakers congratulated the newly elected member and spoke for 54 minutes.
Order and Institutionalization
- The Session was prorogued sine die.
- ‘Orders of the Day’ was available to the legislators, observers and others.
- The attendance of lawmakers was not available to the observers and media.
This daily factsheet is based on direct observation of the Sindh Assembly proceeding conducted by Pakistan Press Foundation (PPF) – a member organization of FAFEN. Errors and omissions are excepted